Landlord Safety Checks
with respect to the safety of electrical equipment:
1. The Consumer Protection Act 1987 landlords electrical testing obligations.
2. The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
The Consumer Protection Act 1987
The Consumer Protection Act affects all persons who let property in the course of
their business because it defines them as “suppliers”, i.e. they are supplying goods.
Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994
Failure to comply with the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 and the The Consumer Protection Act 1987 is a criminal offence and may result in:
- A fine of £5,000 per item not complying
- Six month’s imprisonment
- Possible manslaughter charges in the event of deaths
- The Tenant may also sue you for civil damages
- Your property insurance may be invalidated
Full Condition Report
We can conduct a “full condition report” of your properties wiring and equipment ensuring it meets all the standards set by the HSE in the acts detailed above.
Any problems or faults can easily be repaired by us.
This will ensure ease of mind your tenants and property are safe.